Approximated time: 15-20 min
1. Make sure you have the right Barcode Scanner
The scanner must meet the following requirements:
- COM Mode: The Scanner has Serial Emulation Mode (Virtual COM Port Mode)
- USB Interface: This means that it is connected via USB to the computer.
- It can decode the barcodes format that you want to use: For example, if you want to use QR codes, the Scanner must be able to decode 2D barcodes.
- Mobile Screen Reading: If you want your members to use a barcode from the screen of their phones, you must use a reader that has this feature.
Click here to learn more about Barcode Scanner Specifications
2. Install the Drivers of your Honeywell Orbit MS7120
Before using the scanner, some drivers need to be installed on the computer.
- Make sure the barcode scanner is not plugged in.
- Download the USB Serial Emulation Mode Drivers (Virtual COM Port Drivers). Click here to Download
- Once the driver has been downloaded. Unzip the content in a new folder
- Open the containing folder and right-click on the setup.bat file, then click on Run as Administrator and follow the steps to complete the installation
3. Scan the configuration Barcodes
There are 2 barcodes you must scan to properly set-up the scanner. Once you finish scanning all the barcodes, unplug the scanner and plug it back in:
- Scan the following barcode to enable the Serial Emulation Mode. Once you do that you should hear a beep:
- Scan the following barcode to enable the CR Suffix:
This Scanner doesn't have the screen reading feature. To scan the barcodes mentioned above, download the manual and print the pages of the barcodes that you need to scan. Click here to download the Honeywell Orbit MS7120 Manual. Option 2 for manual click here
4. Make sure the Reader is correctly connected to the Computer
- Connect the reader to the computer if you haven't done so
- Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run Box and enter devmgmt.msc to open the device manager.
- Identify the Barcode Scanner COM number in the COM/LPT ports Menu. (You will need this number later)
5. Install the Virtuagym Check-in Client
Please Note that Our Check-in Software is only compatible with Windows Computers. Recommended Specifications: Windows 7 or Higher, 64-bit OS, 4GB RAM.
- Open your portal > Go to Business Settings > Connections > Click Here to Download the Check-in Client Setup
- After the download has been completed. Double click on the .exe file, then click on Install to start the installation:
- When the installation has been completed, you will see the following message indicating that you haven't added a reader yet. Click OK to continue.
6. Create a Connection Key in your Portal
Before you continue with the installation process, you have to create a connection in your online portal. A connection is a setting in the system that will enable a communication interface between the online portal and the Check-in Software that you just installed.
Creating a Check-in connection also allows you to establish the business rules. Business rules are conditions and restrictions that your clients must meet if they want to access the facilities. Click here if you want to learn how to create business rules for Access Control.
To create a new connection:
- Go to your portal > Business Settings > Connections.
- Click on New to create a new Connection
- Set a name and a description (Optional)
- Save the connection
- Once the connection has been saved just click on it and copy the API Key:
7. Setting up the Check-in Client
- (If you haven't yet) Open the Check-in Client Application by double-clicking on the icon in the desktop and Click OK if you get a Notification message.
- Go to the system tray located at the bottom right corner of the screen and right-click on the check-in client icon . Then select settings
If the software is being displayed in Dutch, open the Settings again and Select Engels from the Taal drop-down menu, then Click on Restart Program
- Click on Add New to add a New Connection.
- Select Serial and enter the Reader Name.
- Paste the API Key in the textbox
- Select the COM Port of the Scanner from the drop down menu and Click OK.
- Then Click on Restart Program
8. Test the Connection
Once the reader has been added it is recommended to test the connection to make sure it is working. To do so:
- Scan a barcode by passing it
- If the Check-in client reacts to the scan, it means that the reader is ready to be used. You will notice that a notification will pop up at the bottom right of your screen and you will see a record in the Login History
9. Next Steps
- Click here if the system is asking you to enable the smart card service
- Click here if you have a different Barcode Scanner
- If you have several scanners attached to the computer, it is recommended to create a connection per scanner. Example: If you have a scanner at the Front desk and another reader in a turnstile, create 2 separate connections in the online portal as well as in the Check-in Client
- If you want your members to use credits for the Check-in, see how to set up business rules for the Access Control.