It is possible to add a barcode to products and meals in Virtuagym. Members can scan the barcode and see the product or meal straight away in their app. This is a great opportunity to give nutrition advice and motivate your clients to eat healthy.
For example, on your community page you can upload pictures of your meals and add a barcode next to it for easy scanning. Your client(s) can add the meal or product in her/his nutrition diary with the help of the built-in barcode scanner.
Note: If you add a barcode to your club meals or club products, they are only visible exclusively to members registered in your portal.
To add a barcode to your product or meal, follow these steps:
You can create (EAN / UPC) barcodes for free with this online tool and assign them to your products.
- Login to the Virtuagym mobile Food App
- Click on the barcode icon in the top right corner
- Use your phone to scan the new barcode you just created (allow camera permissions).
The app should recognise there is a barcode automatically (you do not need to click). If nothing happens, you will need to try a different barcode. EAN / UPC is the best.
- A popup will appear saying it is a new barcode. Click OK
If this popup does not appear, the code may already be assigned to another product and you will need to use a different number/code in the barcode generator tool
- Search for the name of your (self-made) product/meal and select it (you may have to scroll through the list to find it)
- In the next pop-up, make sure the checkbox for assigning barcode is ticked, then click SAVE.
Please note: this will add the meal to your own food diary. You can delete it later if desired.
- The product or meal is now assigned to your new barcode. When a member scans the barcode in their food app, it will immediately add the product/meal to their own diary
Tip: Print the barcode and place on your in-house notice board for member meal inspiration, or post the barcode in your community Nutrition group or other social media pages!