A client may need to suspend/pause their membership with you. Virtuagym allows you to do this quickly and easily.
In order to suspend a contract follow the steps below:
- Go to the Clients Staff app, click on the relevant client. Click on the "Products" tab. Then, click on the membership you wish to suspend.
- In the top right corner, you will see a drop-down that says "Options," from there select "Suspend contract".
- A window will open, where you can fill in the start date, end date of the suspension and the reason. Also, you can indicate whether the suspension of a contract involves costs.
- After this, you can see that the suspension has been added, along with the number of days of the suspension and the cost. Also, the status of the contract will change from "Active" to "Paused".
It's important to know that:
The contract end date will change depending on the number of days of the suspension period.
The cost of the pause will be added to the invoice that's generated after the suspension is added.
- If the pause has a duration of less than a month, the following invoice will have a discount for the days the contract was paused for, plus the cost of the pause (if that was applied).
- If the contract has a pause of a complete month or more, the system will generate an invoice or more invoices with a total value of 0.00, until the full discounted amount has been deducted from the invoice amounts.
- If the end date of the pause is not entered, the system will continue to generate invoices for the full price of the membership until an end date is entered. Then the system will calculate the discounted amount of the pause and apply that on the following invoice(s).
During the pause of the contract, if the membership has credits, these will not be assigned to the client during the period of the pause.
It's possible to edit or delete a pause in the contract. Once the pause has ended the contract will change status to "Active", the invoices and credits will also continue to generate automatically to the client.