Estimated Installation Time: 15-20 min
1. Make sure you have the right RFID Reader
The reader must meet the following conditions:
- PC/SC Driver Compliant: This is the middleware standard that our software uses.
- USB Interface: This means that it is connected via USB to the computer.
- It uses the same frequency of the cards, key fobs, tags or bracelets that you want to use: There are 2 common frequencies in RFID Readers, 13.56 Mhz, and 125 kHz. The reader and the cards must use the same frequency.
Click here to learn more about the RFID specifications and requirements
2. Make sure the Reader is correctly connected to the Computer
- First of all, connect the reader to one of the USB ports of the computer.
- Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run Box and enter devmgmt.msc to open the device manager.
- If the reader is listed in the Smart Card Readers Menu, you can move to the next step. (Click here if you want to see a how-to video)
3. Install the Virtuagym Check-in Client
Please Note that Our Check-in Software is only compatible with Windows Computers. Recommended Specifications: Windows 7 or Higher, 64-bit OS, 4GB RAM.
- Open your portal > Go to Business Settings > Connections > Click Here to Download the Check-in Client Setup
- After the download has been completed. Double click on the .exe file, then click on Install to start the installation:
- When the installation has been completed, you will see the following message indicating that you haven't added a reader yet. Click OK to continue.
4. Create a check-in connection in your portal
Before you continue with the installation process, you have to create a connection in your online portal. A connection is a setting in the system that will enable a communication interface between the online portal and the Check-in Software that you just installed.
Creating a Check-in connection also allows you to establish the business rules. Business rules are conditions and restrictions that your clients must meet if they want to access the facilities. Click here if you want to learn how to create business rules for Access Control.
To create a new connection:
- Go to your portal > Business Settings > Connections.
- Click on New to create a new Connection
- Set a name and a description (Optional)
- Save the connection
- Once the connection has been saved just click on it and copy the API Key:
5. Setting up the Check-In Client
- (If you haven't yet) Open the Check-in Client Application by double-clicking on the icon in the desktop and Click OK if you get a Notification message.
- Go to the system tray located at the bottom right corner of the screen and right-click on the check-in client icon . Then select settings
If the software is being displayed in Dutch, open the Settings again and Select Engels from the Taal drop-down menu, then Click on Restart Program
- Click on Add New to add a New Connection.
- Select RFID and enter the Connection/Card Reader Name.
- Paste the API Key in the textbox
- Select the Reader from the drop down menu and Click OK.
- Then Click on Restart Program
6. Test the Connection
Once the reader has been added it is recommended to test the connection to make sure it is working. To do so:
- Scan a card/tag by passing it over the reader
- If the Check-in client reacts to the scan, it means that the reader is ready to be used. You will notice that a notification will pop up at the bottom right of your screen and you will see a record in the Login History
7. Next Steps
- Click here if to learn how to restart the Check-in client if it is not working properly
- Click here if the system is asking you to enable the smart card service
- My RFID Reader is not Working
- If you have several readers attached to the computer, it is recommended to create a connection per reader. Example: If you have a reader at the Front desk and another reader in a turnstile, create 2 separate connections in the online portal as well as in the Check-in Client
- If you want your members to use credits for the Check-in, see how to set up business rules for the Access Control.